Friday 8 June 2012

Aamir Khan refuses to say sorry to doctors

Doctors demand apology from Aamir Khan for defaming the medical profession through his popular TV show Satyamev Jayate but the actors refused to apologize and said that he is agree to face any legal action.
 "I am very comfortable if they (IMA) plan to take legal action if they feel that I have done something wrong. Of course, the courts are available for them. My answer is no, I will not be apologising,"
 The actor said that he has not defamed the doctors but only showed the wrong side of the medical profession.
 "I deny that I have done that. I have the highest respect and regard for the medical profession," he said.
 Aamir said that he has received two kids of responses from doctors all over India after the episode was aired. Some group of doctors supported him and while some opposed the episode and demands apology from the actor.
 "I have received letters from various doctors saying that they are so happy when they saw the show that finally someone is talking about this because this is something they were upset about and did not know how to deal with," he said.
 "They have actually thanked and congratulated me for having done what I did," he said.
 Aamir said that doctor K K Talwar, head of the Medical council of India (MCI), who was on the show, had written a letter to him which was very encouraging.
 "I can imagine it would not have been easy for Dr Talwar to face the tough questions that I had for him on the show that day but he faced those questions and wrote the letter after the show was televised saying that he really liked it," the actor said.

No comments:

Post a Comment