Tuesday 29 May 2012

Geeta Basra: I am not getting married in September

She was last seen on the big screen in THE TRAIN (2007). Although waiting for some ''quality'' offers to come her way, an alleged affair with cricketer Harbajan Singh has constantly kept her in the limelight.
Rumour has it that the two stars have decided to tie the knot in September this year. But the actress is clearly not amused. 'It's ridiculous to have to clarify such reports endlessly. Just because the journalists have the pen doesn't mean they can write anything. Let me clarify, I am not getting married in September,' says Geeta.
Supposedly, the marriage was to flag off in Yorkshire, England which happens to be Geeta's home town and wind up somewhere in Punjab which is Harbhajan's hometown. 'People should realize that such reports could be hurtful. Once such stories come out, I have to answer and clarify things with my family and producers. It's not easy to make your way into the industry, and marriage talk can affect it. Forget getting married, I apparently have already had a 'roka' and a breakup with Harbhajan according to the media,' says the fuming actress.
When asked about the equation she shares with Bhajji, she says, 'Harbhajan is a very special friend. Whenever my marriage is on the cards, everyone will know. Right now I am only concentrating on my work.'
On the professional front, Geeta will be seen shaking her leg in the item number, 'Mein Ghaziabad Ki Rani Hoon' from ZILLA GHAZIABAD. She has also been signed on for two movies with filmmaker Nitin Manmohan.
'The deal is on, I am doing three films with him and currently we are only working on two,' says Geeta on a parting note.

No comments:

Post a Comment