Sunday 22 April 2012

Mallika to sing in Haryanvi

Now that Mallika Sherawat is back from Hollywood to do mainstream Bollywood cinema as the lead, she is ensuring that she gives her heart and soul to it. And in case of her film Lucky Unlucky, co-starring Sonu Sood, she is lending her voice too!

 In case you are confused, let us clarify it for you quickly. Mallika will be seen crooning in her native language Haryanvi in the aforementioned film.

As per reports, the song will be composed by Santokh Singh Dhaliwal, the one who convinced Ms. Sherawat for singing. The composer feels Mallika has a good voice and can really be a good singer. She loves the Haryanvi flavour and while talking to a daily, the actress said, “The only thing I’m worried about is people being unable to tolerate my Haryanvi accent! I am not the singing type...I don’t even sing in my shower! But I love music so I’m doing this. I will only sing for my own films and look forward to recording the song in the studio.”

 The movie will also have songs in Punjabi, Haryanvi, Telugu, Tamil and Marathi. Lucky Unlucky, directed by Afzal Rizvi, is a road movie and the music for the film will be in the languages of the cities that the characters of Mallika and Sonu would visit. The film also marks Sonu Sood's debut as a producer.

The other Bollywood actresses who have gone behind the mikes to exercise their vocal chords are Sridevi for the title song of Chandni and Kareena Kapoor in Dev.

No comments:

Post a Comment