Tuesday 10 April 2012

Mahie Gill To Turn Into Bikini Clad 'Mona Darling' For 'Zanjeer' Remake

Mahie Gill, who wowed the audiences with her bold and raunchy performance in Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster, has been roped in the remake of Zanjeer to reminisce Bindu's iconic character, 'Mona Darling'.
 And while Bindu sported body hugging slit-dresses in the original, Mahie will scorch the screens by slipping into a bikini and reportedly, will also do some hot love-making scenes, with Prakash Raj, who will essay the character of Teja, played by Ajit in the 1973 release.
 Gill, who will have to shed kilos to get a bikini friendly body, was initially apprehensive about the role, however on being convinced by her director she accepted the challenge.
 "I was initially apprehensive about doing the part. I wondered if I'd be able to carry it off. It was director Apoorva Lakhia who convinced me. Now I'm very excited. To recreate the original vamp 'Mona Darling' of the 1970s for today's audience is a challenge. And most of my scenes are with Prakash Raj who is a very good actor. I think I'll be able to pull it off," the Gulaal star was quoted saying.
 The makers of the film want Mahie to go beyond Bindu and to perform more 'horizontal acts' with the villain. They have even decided to do away with Bindu's cabaret and in turn will feature Mahie in a club number.
Whether Mahie will be able to pull off the role or not, well for that we'll have to wait and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment