Friday 9 March 2012

Veena Malik gets 71000 marriage proposals for her swayamvar

Veena Malik has certainly hit a jackpot with her sleazy stint on ‘Bigg Boss’ and her subsequent rise to fame post her “nude” photo shoot for FHM magazine last year. After ruffling some feathers back in her homeland, the Pakistani model-turned-actress will now be seen searching for her groom on reality show ‘Veena ka Vivaah’.

Despite being the controversy queen, Veena Malik is still making the men go weak in their knees. Media reports claim that more than 71,000 men have applied to be a part of the show.

In the previous season of Swayamvar, Ratan Rajput received around 54,000 marriage proposals. Veena has also beaten Rakhi Sawant and Rahul Mahajan in the race who received 30,000 and 43,000 proposal respectively.

Talking to a leading daily, the actress said, “I`m humbled by the response I have received and thrilled that majority of the entries have come in from India. I want to thank everybody for their continuous love, support and faith in me and I hope they will hold my hand in the most important journey of my life.”

However, Rakhi refused to marry on the show and broke the engagement in a few months; Ratan Rajput just got engaged and has still not tied the knot. But, Veena ahs claimed that she would get married if she finds her ‘Mr. Right’.

In a recent interview, she said, “I seriously wish that I find my Mr Right on ‘Swayamvar’ and I am sure I will find him. If I do find him on the show, then I will definitely go for marriage.”

Despite her bold image, it seems the men are drooling over this Pakistani bombshell. She has set a record of sorts, by getting so many proposals for the new season of Swayamvar.

No comments:

Post a Comment